Downtown Holmes Beach – Holiday Open House
Where: Downtown Holmes Beach – Marina and Gulf Drives
When: December 4 5:00-8:00 PM
What: Holiday walkabout with participating merchants in the area of Marina and Gulf dirves, including tree lighting at 5pm at the Anna Maria Island Chamber of Commerce.
Prize giveaways & refreshments. Join the Anna Maria Island Privateers, visit the Scallywag ship and Santa Sleigh at the Islander. Santa visits and treats for children. Sponsored and organized by The Islander newspaper.
Anna Maria Island Art League Winterfest
Where: Holmes Beach City Hall Fieldon Marina Drive
When: December 12 & 13
What: Festival of Fine Arts and Fine Crafts featuring more than 100 juried artist and fine craftsmen.
Musical entertainment by Gumbo Boogie Band and Howie Banfield & the Anna Maria String Band. ”Young at Art” Children’s Exhibit.
Food Court featuring area restaurants. Prize drawings for over 50 pieces of original artwork.
Free admission and parking. Sponsored by Anna Maria Island Art League, The Bradenton Herald and Edward E & Lillian H. Bishop Foundation. For more information call 941-778-2099.
Anna Maria Island Privateers Christmas Parade
Where: Bayfront Park to Coquina Beach
When: December 12 at 10 AM
Other Notable Events
• Dec. 12, Holiday Boat Parade on Manatee River.
• Dec. 13, Pancake breakfast at St. Bernard Catholic Church.
• Dec. 19, Holiday open house and lighted boat parade, Bradenton Beach.
• Dec. 19, “Where’s Woody Candish” sidewalk art sale in the Island Shopping Center.
• Dec. 20, Anna Maria Island Community Chorus and Orchestra holiday concert